Saturday, July 3, 2010

Spa Girl asks French Pedicure or not?

I have written a few blogs on the importance of paying attention to your feet, including my all time favourite on “fishy pedicures”.

Having a pedicure has to be one of the most relaxing, and healthy spa treatments there is. Soaking away your aches and pains in warm water enhanced with sea salts or sea weed, care and attention to your nails, calluses and the likes, and a soothing foot massage using a multitude of scrubs and heavenly creams. But when it comes to selecting a polish, there seems to be a great debate—French pedicure or not!

The French pedicure has been around for a long time. Its history dates back to the late 1800’s in Paris. It became extremely popular in the 1920’s and 1930’s. For more than a century now, this fashion statement had stood the test of time and is still a favorite for women all over the world—including myself.

Since I was a child I have had my toes painted in every colour under the rainbow. Several years ago when my nails were looking yellow and dull from all the chemicals found in several highly coloured polishes I decided to spend the time to refurbish them with a French pedicure and I have never looked back. I love the clean, and frankly very sexy look, but it is the simplicity of this style that continues to win me over.

I am however very fussy about my foot care treatment and insist that my nails are cut short, they are after all toes. I also make sure the spa and all the tools are clean. There are many health benefits to looking after your feet as fungi and germs will be eliminated during this treatment not to mention the importance of buffing down calluses and sloughing away the dead skin. I also love to add a hot oil paraffin wax treatment which helps smooth rough skin and leaves my feet feeling like silk. The warm paraffin was also stimulates circulation and promotes healthy growth of nails.

Selecting a polish is a very personal choice which can be influenced by the fashion industry; age (got to loves those blues, purples and blacks); and popular culture. However the most important thing about your choice of polish is that when you look down, you love the look of your healthy well manicured feet.

Here are some links to Spa Girl's suggestions for great feet!


No comments:

Post a Comment