Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Spa Girl says Happy New Year--May 2012 be kind to all of us...



As I slide comfortably into the New Year I have been reflecting on all that took place in 2011--so many things to be thankful for and the delight & wonder that is all around us.  I am also remembering those who I have loved and have lost. 


We can get so caught up in our own busyness and overlook the magic of each day or the import of those who lives have touched ours.   I dedicate this blog post to two of my remarkable friends who touched my life profoundly.

My Dear Friend Sandy Wiseman
1944 - 2011
The remarkable Indigo Sweetwater
1952 - 2011
May 2012 be kind to all of us and my wish is that everyone will take the much needed time throughout this new year to pamper yourself, go to the spa and create a home-sanctuary.  After all, it is all about taking care of yourself!

In this spirit I came home today and slide into a nice effervesce steam bath.  Such a treat! With mist whirling around my head and aromatherapy oils filling the air with such calm and tranquillity it was a pleasure to relax and enjoy a few moments for myself.


When it is extra-ordinarily busy and I am feeling stressed I often pull out of my library a little gem of a book--50 Ways to Pamper Yourself-- by Stephanie Tourles.  I received this book several years ago from the parents of a good friend and I love it.  There are so many practical tips (great suggestions we all know) but forget to do.

One of my favourite tips is simply "If it feels good, do it".

  • Sing all day long--children do.
  • Skip everywhere you go. 
  • Give your feet a vacation.
  • And for those spending their holidays in the sun...Collect colourful seashells on the beach. 
To Celebrate the New Year, here is a Sensual Oil Blend for the "oh so relaxing" soak...





Mix together 3/4 cup jojoba oil with 1/4 teaspoon each of sandalwood, patchouli, vetiver.  Store in dark glass bottle away from heat and light.  Add 2 teaspoons to the bath while the tub is running and be careful when climbing in.

Happy New Year Everyone...



No comments:

Post a Comment